DCLGA Junior Committee
- Gloria West (County Junior Organiser)
- Dorothy Harrison (County President)
- Sheila Redshaw (County Captain)
- Del Brady (County Vice - Captain)
- Joan Densham
- Marion Griffiths
- Carol Jones
- Lena Newton
- Julie Welch
DCLGA Junior Inter County Competitions
Each Year matches are played against, Lancashire, Northumberland and Yorkshire. There is also a Northern Counties Jamboree which is played against the other 5 Northern Counties (Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, Northumberland and Yorkshire. Competitors in the Jamboree have to have a handicap of 15 or over.
- Selection for these competitions will always be made by the Junior Committee from Durham junior golfers who are taking part in the full DCLGA junior programme
- The committee will take the following into consideration when selecting girls to play.
- Each girl’s behaviour and attitude to improving their golfing experiences.
- Improvement overall and general attitude shown at DCLGA Junior Coaching Sessions and at DCLGA Junior competitions
- Handicap level.
- The DCLGA‘s awareness of the physical characteristics of the golf course the competition will be played at and the experience of the players to adjust to this (i.e. Durham courses like other counties courses are very different). The committee will take into consideration the terrain of the golf course that is to be played and how this compares with each Durham golfer’s home course. This is particularly relevant when several girls are on a similar handicap category.
Further useful websites for general information on junior golf
Durham County Junior Golfing Society - www.dcjgs.co.uk
Durham County Golf Partnership – Junior section - www.durhamgolfpartnership.com
National websites for Junior golfers